Certified copies of birth, marriage, and death certificates can be obtained in person and through the mail or may be ordered online.
Online requests are processed the next business day.
Requests in person cost $15 and may require the showing of valid identification.
Written requests may also be submitted and cost $20, $15 for the certified copy and a $5 processing fee. Mail is processed daily.
To ensure timely processing, please:
- Indicate name(s) and date of event(s).
- Mail request to City Clerk, One Government Center, Fall River, MA 02722.
- Make check or money order payable to the City of Fall River.
- For requests from foreign countries, only United States Certified Bank Checks are accepted.
Office staff also process amendments and corrections and assist the public with genealogical research, on a per fee basis, as time permits.
- Amendments and corrections, $50 per record
- Genealogical searches, $15 per record plus $5.00 for mail requests
Genealogy Policy and Application click here
Additional vital record information is available at the Fall River Public Library, the Massachusetts Archives and the state’s Registry of Vital Records and Statistics.
The City Clerk is the City’s Primary Burial Agent. Payments for burial permits and orders from Funeral Directors only for certified copies of death certificates will be made possible through the Funeral Directors Online Payment Center.