The Division of Emergency Medical Services responds to approximately 12,500 emergency calls annually. The service is highly rated as one of the best in the state by the Department of Public Health Division of Emergency Medical Services.
The Division has 49 personnel: EMS Director, who work directly under the Fire Chief. A Deputy EMS Director, Captain QA/QI, Captain of Training, Captain MIH with 44 paramedics assigned to 5 rescues. EMS is dispatched through a 911 call center out of the police department with 38 EMD certified dispatchers.
The department currently operates four ALS Medical Rescue units at the following locations:
- Medical Rescue 2 at the Flint Reney/Eastwood Fire Station, 400 Eastern Avenue
- Medical Rescue 3 at the Kosior/Globe Fire Station, 659 Globe Street
- Medical Rescue 4 at the Central Fire Station, 165 Bedford Street
- Medical Rescue 5 at the Bernard Station, 120 Commerce Drive
- Medical Rescue 6 at the Candeias Station, 1010 Plymouth Avenue
- Squad 11 at the Bernard Station, 120 Commerce Drive
Massachusetts Emergency Medical Services (EMS) | Resources | 2018 EMS Budget | Classes | Billing | Employment Opportunities | Online Payments
Tim Oliveira, Director
140 Commerce Drive, Fall River, MA 02720
T: 508-324-2744 | F: 508-324.2738