In accordance with the provisions of the VOTES Act, which Governor Baker signed into law on June 22, 2022 In-Person Early Voting and Voting By Mail has been made permanent for all State Elections.
Voting By Mail
Effective immediately, Early Voting-by-Mail is now made available to registered voters for all State and Municipal Elections.
- If you are interested in voting by mail please contact the Board of Elections office at 508-324-2630 to request an application or click on the link below to download the 2022 Vote-by-Mail Application.
- Family Members are now allowed to request an Early Vote-by-Mail application on a registered voter’s behalf.
- Once you receive your ballot in the mail, please read and follow the enclosed instructions.
2022 Vote by Mail Application (state.ma.us)
Application Deadline Dates
The deadline for the Board of Elections office to receive a request for a Vote-by-Mail application is Five (5) business days before Election Day. Please be sure to contact our office well in advance of Election Day as any request for an application on the day of the deadline would also have to be submitted the same day.
For 2022, Please Note the Following Dates:
- For the September 6th Primary, as Labor Day is not a business day, the deadline for you to submit an application to our office is Monday, August 29th by 5:00 P.M.
- For the November 8th General Election, the deadline for you to submit an application to our office is Tuesday, November 1st by 5:00 P.M.
In-Person Early Voting
In-Person Early Voting is now mandated for all State Primaries, State Elections, and Presidential Primaries. In-Person early voting will be held in the Atrium at Government Center prior to each respective election.
As required, there will be seven (7) consecutive days of In-Person early voting for every State and Presidential Primary. For every State Election there will be fourteen (14) consecutive days of In-Person early voting. The schedule for early voting will be released to the public in advance.
In-Person Early Voting & Extended Voter Registration
Saturday, October 22nd 8:00 A.M.-2:00 P.M.
Sunday, October 23rd 8:00 A.M.-2:00 P.M.
Monday, October 24th 9:00 A.M.-5:00 P.M.
Tuesday, October 25th 9:00 A.M.-5:00 P.M.
Wednesday, October 26th 9:00 A.M.-5:00 P.M.
Thursday, October 27th 9:00 A.M-5:00 P.M.
Friday, October 28th 9:00 A.M.-3:00 P.M.
Saturday, October 29th 8:00 A.M.-2:00 P.M.
Sunday, October 30th 8:00 A.M.-2:00 P.M.
Monday, October 31st 9:00 A.M.-5:00 P.M.
Tuesday, November 1st 9:00 A.M.-5:00 P.M.
Wednesday, November 2nd 9:00 A.M.-5:00 P.M.
Thursday, November 3rd 9:00 A.M.-5:00 P.M.
Friday, November 4th 9:00 A.M.-3:00 P.M.
Early Voting will be held in the Atrium at Government Center. Voters should use the Sullivan Drive entrance as parking spaces will be reserved for voters.
By statute, the Voter Registration Deadline is ten (10) days before Election Day. In order to be able vote in the November 8th General Election and Special Municipal Election you must register to vote by Saturday, October 29th. The Board of Elections office will be open on that day from 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
Residents who have questions about the upcoming election should contact the Board of Elections office at 508-324-2630.