COMMERCIAL BUILDING CONSTRUCTION
Remodel Commercial Construction
(Includes Residential 3 or more units)
Remodel Commercial Checklist click here
- Building Permit Application (with sign offs from the departments listed below)
- Copy of Variance (if applicable – check zoning by-laws and tables)
- (1) Set of Plans (11” X 17” paper copy) along with a copy of the plans in PDF Format on a CD-ROM for archiving – Plans need to bear an original Architect or Engineers stamp if the building is larger than 35,000 CUBIC FEET.
- State “Controlled Construction Affidavit” bearing an original Architect or Engineers stamp if the building is larger than 35,000 CUBIC FEET.
- Copy of Contractors License / Unrestricted Mass State Construction Supervisors License
- State Workers Compensation Affidavit
- Cost – ($0.22) Per Square Foot (to include all accessible areas) To be calculated by the Building Inspector
- Stamped Truss Schedule and/or Specifications on any Laminated or Engineered building products (if applicable)
Building Permit Application Sign Off Requirements
- Health Division: 508-324-2520 – Located on 4th floor of City Hall, Room 443 – “restaurants only”
- Fire Department: 508-324-2740 – Located at 140 Commerce Drive (Fall River Industrial Park)
- Plumbing Division: 508-324-2571 – Located on 5th floor of City Hall, Room 524
- Traffic Department 508-324-2123 – “Only required” if a permit is needed for the use and/or closure of a sidewalk, street use for a dumpster and/or meter rental permit.