Certified copies of birth, marriage, and death certificates can be obtained in person or through the mail.
Requests in person cost $15 and may require the showing of valid identification.
Written requests may also be submitted and cost $20, $15 for the certified copy and a $5 processing fee. Mail is processed daily.
To ensure timely processing, please:
- Indicate name(s) and date of event(s).
- Mail request to City Clerk, One Government Center, Fall River, MA 02722.
- Make check or money order payable to the City of Fall River.
- For requests from foreign countries, only Certified Checks in US Funds are accepted.
Office staff also process amendments and corrections and assist the public with genealogical research, on a per fee basis, as time permits.
- Amendments and corrections, $50 per record
- Genealogical searches, $15 per record plus $5.00 for mail requests
Genealogy Policy and Application
Additional vital record information is available at the Fall River Public Library, the Massachusetts Archives and the state's Registry of Vital Records and Statistics.
Back to the Office of the City Clerk