Building inspectors are responsible for the enforcement of the:
- Massachusetts State Building Code
- Handicapped access regulations
- Zoning ordinances
- Certain sections of Massachusetts General Law
Inspectors issue a variety of permits for buildings, wiring, plumbing, gas and signs and are in charge of managing:
- Plan reviews
- On-site inspections for all aspects of construction, alterations, and repairs
- Changes of use and occupancy
- Zoning violations
- Annual safety inspections for certain businesses open to the public.
Building permits must be obtained before construction begins.
New Residential Construction
New Commercial Construction
Final Sign Off Sheet for Occupancy