It is the policy of the Government of the United States of America, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, and the City of Fall River that:
- No person shall be discriminated against whatsoever on the grounds of race, religion, color, age, sex, physical handicap, or national origin.
- No person shall because of race, religion, color, age, sex, physical handicap, or national origin, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity funded entirely or in part by the City, the State, or the Federal Government.
- Affirmative Action shall be taken by all levels of governments, where necessary, to support the underlying objectives of said anti-discrimination policies.
The City of Fall River, as a recipient of State and Federal funds, unequivocally subscribes to the above policies and will fully comply with Federal, State, and Local laws and directives governing non-discrimination, equal opportunity, and affirmative action in all municipal activities.
To further support policies relative to affirmative action, equal opportunity, and non-discrimination, the City of Fall River has established a policy that Minority Business Enterprise shall have the maximum practicable opportunity to participate in construction contracts and in the procurement of goods, professional services, and supplies.
The following describes the equal opportunity policy of the City of Fall River’s Minority Business Enterprise Program.
- The Minority Business Enterprise Program sets forth the administrative standards for the implementation of Fall River’s policy of utilizing minority contractors, sub-contractors, and suppliers.
- The City affirms that it will not discriminate in any contractual procedures against any persons because of race, religion, color, age, sex, physical handicap, national origin, or by any other condition that is not bonafide qualifications.
- All department heads and employees directly involved in construction contracts, as well as in procurement of goods, services, and supplies, are responsible for taking affirmative steps to implement this policy to ensure equal opportunity, including notifying persons and businesses with the City that said contracts shall be made without reference to race, religion, color, age, sex, physical handicap, or national origin.
- All official acts of department heads or employees must be undertaken in a manner consistent with this policy. Failure to adhere to the policies set forth herein will result in disciplinary action. It is hereby resolved that the following Minority Business Enterprise Program is instituted for and on behalf of the City of Fall River.