Grave Markers and Monuments
Grave markers or flags for deceased veterans are available and requests should be sent to the Veterans' Agent, Ray Hague,
or by calling the office at 508-324-2432.
Monuments and Markers within the City of Fall River
There are 31 monuments and markers in the City of Fall River. All monuments and markers are maintained by Veterans Services through the Department of Community Maintenance.
- American Veterans Memorial: 13th Street at the corner of Pleasant Street
- PFC Manuel Cabral: Rhode Island Ave. at Aetna Street
- Manuel F. Claudio: Pocasset Street
- Pvt. Joseph Francis: Highland Ave. at Prospect Street
- Cpl. David Miller: (POW/MIA) Miller Square South Main at Shove Street
- Pvt. Alvaro Rodrigues: Rhode Island Ave. at Tower Street
- Cpl. George Santos: Broadway at Columbia Street
- PFC Ferdinand J. Scrivo (KIA) Bedford Street and Eastern Ave.
- Cpl. Robert Newbury (KIA) County Street at the Rolling Rock
- Pvt. James Tyrrell:(KIA) Fifth Street
- 2nd Lt. Joseph Texeira Jr. Robeson Street at Bedford Street
- Pvt. Don at Duquette: Pleasant Street (Stafford Square)
- Albert Bradbury: Stafford Road at Cambridge Street
- Civil War Cannons: Oak Grove Cemetery
- Kerr Mill Veterans: Eastern Ave at McGowen Street
- Spanish-American: Pleasant at Plymouth Ave.
- Franco-American War Veterans: Eastern Ave. at Barre Street
- Polish-American War Veterans: Globe Street at Plymouth Ave.
- General Kosciuszko: East Main Street at South Main Street
- General Casimir Pulaski: Pulaski Park at Warren St. and Childs St.
- General Lafayette: County Street at Eastern Ave. (Lafayette Park)
- Sgt. M. Wm. Rosenthal: North Park Highland Ave.at President Ave.
- Joseph E. McMullen Jr. North Park
- Staff Sgt. James T. Griffin: Griffin Play Ground at4th,5th and branch Street
- Frank Wilcox: Post 126: Plymouth Ave. at Stafford Road
- Women’s Relief Corps: Post 106: North Park at North Main Street.
- WWII Soldier: Kennedy Park at South Main Street and Bradford Street.
- Union Veterans: Kennedy Park at Entrance to South Main Street Park Drive.
- All Wars: Center of Kennedy Park –Veterans Memorial
- Thomas Hudner: Hudner Field at Stanley Street
- Iwo Jima Memorial: at Veterans Memorial Bicentennial Park
Other Memorials are located at the U.S.S. Massachusetts: